Dear Nanda Orthodontic Patients and Families,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
With the rapidly changing challenges brought about by the threat of Covid- 19, we are taking steps to ensure or patients and team are protected. We will be open for regular business hours starting May 4,2020 and ask that you read the following:
- In the event that a patient or family member has symptoms associated with the Coronavirus (fever, cough, and shortness of breath) we ask that you please do not come to our office.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked the same questions again when you are in the office.
- All procedures have been limited to those that do not produce excess aerosol and we regret that debonds and bracket repositions will need to be rescheduled till approximately the third week of May, although this is a fluid situation.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting time for you, as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
EXTRA FAMILY MEMBERS AT APPOINTMENTS:
- As a temporary measure, we ask that you limit ONE person accompanying the patient inside during patient consultation appointments only. For routine orthodontic visits and adjustment appointments, we will text you when we are ready for your appointment and only the patient will come in for their appointment. We ask that additional family members wait outside of the office in their cars.
- In an effort to minimize the number of people in our office at one time, please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early to your appointment.
- We request that all appointment rescheduling and payments be made over the phone to minimize the patients in the reception area.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- Lobby items- we have removed items such as coffee bar, water station, magazines, and books to minimize communal contact items
- Tooth brushing sinks- We will be closing our tooth brushing counter temporarily to minimize aerosol spread. Please brush at home before you come visit us!
- We ensure that we adhere and surpass the CDC guidelines as well as the American Dental Association infection control guidelines. We have a cleaning service that also comes to disinfect all surfaces as well. We can assure you that Nanda Orthodontics is a leader in the profession when it comes to cleanliness and infection control.
In closing, the safe care of our patients is of the utmost importance. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns during this time. We will be trying to accommodate everyone’s schedules. PLEASE be sure to have a future appointment scheduled with us (now and always).
Stay safe, sane, and sanitized… and SMILE!
All our best,
Dr. Ruchi Nanda, Dr. Munisha Nanda and the Nanda Orthodontics Team